Things to Know about Online Giving
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. ~ Hebrews 13: 16
Greetings from your Finance Committee: When you click on the “Give Now” button on the Upper Right Corner, you will be linked to a donation form which will allow you to make your financial contributions to the church using a credit/debit card or directly from your checking account. This secure online payment form is provided by the Presbyterian Foundation.
Here are the steps:
· Create a User Profile using the online form
· Once you have created your profile, you may select from different categories of giving such as, “FPCE Envelope Giving”, “Deacon’s Fund”, and “One Great Hour Of Sharing”. Other categories such as "Peace Making", Thanksgiving", or special campaigns will be added when needed.
· Then, you may make your contribution as a one time gift or make it a recurring gift.
o For example, you could make an “FPCE Envelope Giving” contribution weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually.
Next, choose what method you want to use to pay for your contribution
o For example, your credit/debit card you entered in your profile, a different card not in your profile, or a fund transfer from your checking account.
Things to Know:
· A Processing Fee, also known as a Merchant Services Fee, of 2.0% of the transaction amount is automatically deducted from your transaction.
o In other words, if your transaction is for $100.00 the Church will get $98.00 and the organization processing your transaction will get $2.00.
o On the “Donation Page” there is a check box that says, “Give additional 2.0% to help offset the processing fee.” If you check this box your donation will automatically be increased 2.0%. Note: There are Credit Cards available that will give you 2.0% cash back on all transactions you make.
· At the end of the year, you will receive a statement from the “Presbyterian Foundation” that will list all your E-Giving for the year. You will also receive a Statement of Giving that the Finance Committee provides to you each year. The Online Giving totals should match, but be aware you can only use one statement for IRS purposes.
· As always, the Church will still accept contributions the old fashion way, either by check or cash.
We appreciate all the support that you give to our church and hope this provides you a more convenient option to give to our church. If you have any questions or comments regarding this process of E-Giving feel free to call the Church Treasurer, Dave McDonough.